Jobseekers can change the odds by moving to cities that have low unemployment rates. Start up businesses that have potential in occupational growth will be hiring qualified employees.
The number of job listings is a good indicator if an area is looking to fill vacant positions due to employees getting a promotion or retirees leaving after a long career with the company.
The economy is improving across the country and for those who keep a positive attitude can reap the benefits.
Most recent graduates go to big cities to find jobs and face competition or limited positions, change your chances by going to where industries are expected to see growth for the coming years ahead.
List of The Best Cities to Find Jobs
1. Washington DC, is seeing job growth and wage increases and open job listings put it on the top of the list of places to live and earn. It has an increasing percentage of professional and business service jobs. The government workforce is small compared to the various organizations near by such as law firms, scientific research along with banks, manufacturing and hotels.
The top employers are Georgetown University, George Washington University, Washington Hospital Center, Children's National Medical Center and Howard University.
2. Phoenix, Arizona, this city is known for its warm climate and attracts many tourists for the golf industry. Those looking for work can find it in the telecommunications and high tech companies.
The top employers include Intel, Allied Waste, PetSmart, Avnet, American Express, Best Western, U-haul and Arizona State University.
3. Seattle Washington, for those interested in working for a clean tech company Seattle is the place to be for green jobs.
Some of the biggest companies include Amazon, Starbucks, and Nordstrom. Biotechnology is another industry that is seeing an increase in biotech companies are seeing development projects in the region.
4. San Diego, California is the eighth largest city in the U.S. with a nice climate near the harbor also has some of the best employers to work for such as Qualcomm, United States Navy, Sharp Healtcare, University of San Diego and many biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
Although seasonal you can find jobs in the tourist attractions such as Balboa Park, Belmont amusement park, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Zoo Safari Park and Seaworld.
5. Baltimore, Maryland has a growing service economy that include top employers such as the American Sugar Refining, John Hopkins Hospital, Constellation Energy, Grace Chemicals, Legg Mason, T. Rowe Price, and McCormick & Company which cover the sectors of asset management, electric utilities, and manufacturing.
Employers who are optimistic about hiring will be expected to be adding staff in the coming months. In todays economy the big metropolitan cities may not be the only place to find your dream career.
If your looking for small cities for employment try Sioux Falls South Dakota, Iowa City, Iowa, Manhattan, Kansas, Bismark, North Dakota, or Logan Utah.